Everyone loves fresh, pickled and pickled cucumbers. But not every person knows that it is possible to feed cucumbers in the greenhouse with yeast for their more rapid growth.
Traditionally, only chemical and organic products were used for top dressing. But organic foods require natural substances for nutrition. Therefore, relatively recently, gardeners began to use natural or dry yeast and bread sourdough for watering cucumber beds. Let us consider in detail how to use yeast at the site and in the greenhouse.
How to feed
Feeding cucumber yeast is spreading more and more on the territory of our country. Almost all plants actively respond to such fertilizers. They begin to grow rapidly and give more fruit. This is explained by the fact that yeast contains a large amount of substances necessary for plants: nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus. Such elements improve the composition of the soil. For this reason, it is recommended to feed cucumbers in the greenhouse with yeast. In order not to harm the plants, you must follow certain rules for the preparation of yeast composition and its introduction into the ground.
How to feed the cucumbers with yeast? Everyone knows that yeast acts only in heat. Therefore, there is no point in bringing them into the cold soil. This is done after warming up the fertile land, approximately from the middle of May.
Yeast can be bought in the form of pressed briquettes of different weights.
Or in a dry state.
To use them you need to dilute. This is done like this:
- In 10 liters of warm water must be dissolved 10 grams of dry yeast. To this solution is added 40-50 grams of sugar (about 2 tablespoons l.). The composition is well mixed and infused for 2 hours. Then the resulting solution needs to be diluted once more with water (50 liters). Fertilizer is ready to use.
- 1 kg of pressed yeast dissolves in 5 liters of warm water. The composition is stirred and infused for 3-4 hours. After that, add another 50 liters of water and mix. The solution is ready. For cooking, you can use a small barrel.
- In a bucket with a capacity of 10 liters you need to chop black bread (about 2/3 capacity). To the brim pour warm water and press the bread with a yoke. Keep the bucket in a warm place for 7 days. During this time, the mixture should ferment. Then it is diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 3. Each bush consumes 0.5 liters of solution.
Top dressing of cucumbers in the greenhouse with yeast solutions is made 2 times a month. Over the summer, such formulations should be used no more than 4-5 times. Yeast top dressing for cucumbers does not exclude the use of other fertilizers. Cucumbers begin to grow rapidly.
For what and when is feeding
Feeding up with yeast can be not only cucumber beds, but also tomatoes, peppers, berry bushes and fruit trees. You can start to do this with seedlings. Its roots are kept in solution for a day, and then planted in the ground. Plants give a lot of lush greenery, the number of roots increases about 10 times, additional immunity and protection against fungi appear. But a lot of green in this case is not required. After all, we need fruits, not grass. To stop the growth of green need to neutralize nitrogen. This can be done with wood ash. Collect it after burning logs from fruit trees.
A glass of ash should be dissolved in a small bucket with warm water and add to the dressing mixture.
Yeast contains in its composition not only nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, but also vitamins, phytohormones, auxins, which help plant cells to divide. When watering with ash, carbon dioxide is released, which activates the work of phosphorus and potassium. In addition to the above, there are other ways to prepare solutions:
- On 3 liters of warm water put 100 g of pressed yeast. Add to the mixture a half cup of sugar and pour it with warm water. Jar close gauze and put to wander in a warm place. Shake the container periodically. When the fermentation is over, the solution is ready. For 10 liters of water, it is enough to add a glass of home brew and pour about 1 liter under each bush of plants.
- In 10 liters of water dissolve the yeast (100 g) and put a bucket in the sun. The mixture should ferment for 3 days. Twice a day it is stirred. After 3 days the mixture is ready for use. Under each bush cucumbers, tomatoes or peppers pour 0.5 liters of supplement.
- In a jar with a capacity of 3 liters pour 10-12 g of dry yeast and half a glass of sugar. Everything is mixed and put to wander for 7 days. Then pour a glass of beer into 10 liters of warm water, you can add the infusion of nettle. Vitamin supplement will like the plants. The harvest will not take long.
Conclusion on the topic
To grow a good crop in a greenhouse, regular plant nutrition is needed. Manure, herbal extracts, special complex fertilizers, which can be purchased in the store, are effective.
Sourdough bread and yeast dressing work well.
Grain and yeast mixtures are made with their own hands, their preparation is not difficult. Yeast can be both pressed and dry. Ready infusion can be used for feeding berry shrubs, fruit trees. He is well received by tomatoes and peppers. Plants begin to grow rapidly, they develop a powerful root system, the number of fruits increases.Important! You can feed cucumbers 4-5 times over the summer, starting in mid-May. It does not make sense to pour the infusion into the cold ground, as the yeast works only in heat.
They help grow and flower crops. An infusion of yeast has a beneficial effect on irises, peonies, gladioli, chrysanthemums and roses. Other fertilizers are also used with yeast fertilizers, such as mullein and nitroammophoska, infusion of crushed herbs and store-based drugs. Sourdough works from hops and from wheat. Try these fertilizers on plants in your own greenhouse. If everything is done correctly, the result will not take long.